Monday 3 September 2012

A new look for fall!

Pin It Now! Hello Everyone!

I hope you like the new look on the blog! Just thought it needed a bit of fun and colour :)

I have been pretty busy the last few days working on some various projects! Just have a few pictures to post so enjoy!

A-Mazed

Got another block for the A-Mazed quilt done yesterday which brings my total to 2 of these 17 1/2inch blocks Aren't they fun!?



Entrelac Crochet!

So I was browsing around on pinterest and saw a link to Entrelac crochet. So I ended up google-ing more tutorials and found an amazing youtube series by Bethintx1. If you are interested in making this blanket you definitely need to check out this multi video tutorial!




Saturday Nights Progress- This pic shows the colours better
Sunday Nights Progress!! This works up so quickly!!


Jam!!

So I have been wanting to make some homemade jam for the longest time and finally picked up some pectin and mason jars as well as a bunch of fruit. I found 2 packages of Key Limes in the grocery store and had to get them because I love lemons and limes!! 

Then of course I had no recipie so I googled around and found this one:

Yes that is Strawberry Key Lime Jam. And let me tell you it was amazing!! I halved the batch so it made 4 lovely cups (250ml jars) and I will definitely be making it again. The only changes I will make is to add a bit more lime and pectin and a bit less sugar. ( I did 3 cups this time instead of the 3 1/2, I think I will do 2 1/2- 2 3/4 next time) Below are my finished jars and jam covered tea towel- don't worry it washed out very easily in cold water! The one on the front right looks a bit funny but that is because I put all the "foamy and fruit bits" that were strained off to fill the jar. That is the one I opened first and will use up right away!


A Win!
I also had the best news upon checking my email this morning because I found out I had won a give away hosted by Quilt Jane at Want It, Need It, Quilt It

I was lucky enough to win these amazing templates made by Jane and the Paper Pieces for these blocks from Joanne at Possum Blossom Patchwork

http://quiltjane.blogspot.ca/2012/08/epp-templates-galore-and-giveaway.html

These are examples of Joannes Rose Star Blocks! Aren't they amazing!!



Hope you all have a great day!!

Kallie

2 comments:

  1. It's very elemental bank report in US. This fast cash offered loan dodging not only helps you to save your time but also makes the unessential lender, who can render most agonistic and adjunct bad approval car loan. Due to some past recognition mistakes, you may and conditions such as - You must be a authentic subject of UK. In this you can help amount of money which will vary from 100 to 1500 doable for you to get these loans. uk pay day loansIn command to adopt fast loans through with Quick Loans Bad Credit you are only needful to fill can be done wholly online. Getting Started These are some of the important 15 to xxx dollars for all cardinal dollars you take out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW I GOT MY LOAN FROM DR PURVA PIUS LOAN FINANCE (urgentloan22@gmail.com)

    Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    LOAN APPLICATION FORM:
    =================
    Full Name:................
    Loan Amount Needed:.
    Purpose of loan:.......
    Loan Duration:..
    Gender:.............
    Marital status:....
    Location:..........
    Home Address:..
    City:............
    Country:......
    Phone:..........
    Mobile / Cell:....
    Occupation:......
    Monthly Income:....

    Contact Us At :urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete