Monday 17 September 2012

Lucky!

Pin It Now! Word Verification
Before we get started I thought I should mention I have turned off word verification. I had no idea that it had been on and I do apologize because those things are a pain in the patootie! Those of you who refuse to comment because of them please feel free to comment now :) I love hearing from people!

Luckiness!
Been super busy at work lately but I have gotten a couple squishies in the mail in the last week or so that I will share with you until I can update with some more sewing :)

The Aurifil BOM stitcheries that I had been doing has a flicker page where we can post our finished projects and each month they pick one stitchery and that stitcher wins an aurifil prize pack! How lovely right!? Well I found out that I had won one of those lovely prize packs a short while ago for my March block pictured below:

Here is the lovely thread pack that I won. I am super excited to try it out as I have never used this thread before as I have not seen it in stores near me :)




I also won a giveaway hosted by Quilt Jane and Possum Blossom! I had mentioned this one earlier and showed pictures of what can be done with these lovely templates! I am so completely impressed this these templates and paper pieces. It is a very sturdy and visible acrylic and you can very easily see the size and name of the template. I would absolutely recommend you pick some of these up!!
Here is the link to Quilt Jane's shop where she has tons of lovely templates!
Quilt Jane



I also received these lovely die cut paper pieces from Possum Blossom Patchwork. These are very nice feeling. Sturdy but should be thin enough for those who baste through the paper. Plus they have sizes to match all the above templates and more!! How awesome is that!!! I can't wait to use them and am so thankful to have won them!!
Here is the website for Possum Blossom
Possum Blossom Patchwork

She also has the ability to have layer cakes diecut into the sizes you need so you don`t need to do any cutting, once you get it you can just start piecing!! So awesome!






Shopping
I also did a bit of shopping and picked up the 4 fat quarters below. The top red one is going to be for some hexagons in the Rubies, Diamonds quilt. Don't you just love the blue with gold butterflies and the leaf stencil?! Perfect for fall :)


Japanese Flower Garden
Still slowly working on my Japanese flower garden. Have one more full flower complete and 2 flower centers comple as well!






No comments:

Post a Comment