Wednesday 12 September 2012

Rubies, Diamonds and Garnets Progress!

Pin It Now!
Rubies, Diamonds and Garnets!

Now I realize I just posted yesterday and all there was was 15 blocks. Well I have been super productive last night and today and just had to show you the progress! 

Sorry for the awful colouring. Took this picture last night. This is all just laid out, and of course my cat Nox had to jump in the picture to say hello to you all!!

Ahhh much better colouring!! I have the diagonal rows sewn but not sewn to each other if that makes sense! 

Now I do plan on doing something in those lovely little blank squares. I am debating between redwork embroidery, hexagon flowers or a mixture of both! Once I get these all together I will trial a couple ideas. I am falling more and more in love with this quilt. It is going to be hard to give it up in December to my parents!!



Jam, jam, and oh look! More Jam!!

So yesterday after a lovely homemade stew and fresh bread for dinner my brother and I had an amazing dessert using some of the jams I have been making this month.

We took these two lovelies:
Don't they look so pretty!!
And we added in some chocolate ice cream for this!
Now let me tell you, this was heaven in a bowl. Such a summery treat that mixed tart and sweet magnificently!
 I plan on posting the recipes I have been using sometime next week. I usually half the recipe so that I am doing small batches at a time. I generally get 3-4 half-pint jars.

Below is the jam I was making this afternoon. It's a peach strawberry concoction. I am excited to taste it tomorrow after it has fully set. Although I might cut the peaches smaller next time! Oh well, live and learn right!!




I hope you all are having a wonderful day and getting some stitching done!!

Kallie

3 comments:

  1. Your Rubies, Diamonds and Garnets are beautiful Kallie!! You will have too make a version for yourself.... I will look forward to seeing what you do in the spaces. The jams look so great too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Raewyn! I think I might have to as well!! Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Very pretty top - Nox knows just where to be ;-)
    Looking forward to seeing how you set it.
    Never made jam - looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete