Monday 27 February 2012

First Block of OmiGosh!

Pin It Now!  Omigosh!
Well as I am sure you got by the title, my first block for Omigosh is done!!






However, now that I see it in the picture I just noticed I need to take it apart and switch the corners. The pink half squares should be where the brown/blue ones are and visa versa. Crap. Oh well! This is why you always do one block up first before you start chaining everything, haha! 
I am trying to have all the pinks on one angle and alternating blue/brown on the other angle. I don't think I need to say how much of a pain in the neck that is going to be!!! But it should be worth it in the end. I will fix it and repost how it should be tomorrow. 


Dear Jane
I also got my 3rd triangle done for Dear Jane!!! Super excited, so far they were not as bad as I was expecting, which is quite nice. I know they are going to get worse though, haha. Isn't this one fun though? I love the crazy orange print. Technically this is now a catch up week for the quilt-a-long but I think I might try to work ahead if I get the chance. We shall see. I still need to get that baby quilt basted and quilted before Saturday, I have Thursday and Friday off so I should be good :)



Friends With Benefits Swap!
Have you heard about the Friends with Benefits Swap being hosted by Kathy at Sew-Happy House? 

The link above is to the instructions on how to join in. There is still a couple days to join. You need to let Kathy know by Thursday March 1st. 
On March 3rd Kathy will email out our partners 
We have to have the swap item in the mail by Friday April 27. 

So there is a nice chunk of time to do it in, you can also choose if you wish to have an international partner as well. 

This will be my first swap and I am sew (hehe pun intended!) excited. 

So please stop by Kathy's site and check it out!!



Contest Closes Feb 29th!


Remember to enter the Hexagon Needle Book Givaway, All you need to do is leave a comment with your favorite colour on the Giveaway post



Or if you don't want to do that you can post here if need be.  Contest Closes Wednesday Feb 29th Midnight Mountain Standard Time. 

3 comments:

  1. Your adventure has truly begun with your Ohmigosh quilt, and that's exactly what I'm thinking -- oh my gosh! I know how small the parts are, and you have a gorgeous project underway.
    Your DJ triangle is impressive too.
    Such fun you must be having. All your wonderful projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love your Omigosh block. I agree with your idea of making the colors all go one direction. You will be finished before I even pull fabrics and find my pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Omigosh block! It looks as though you will need to be fully conscious when putting that together LOL! Like, not after a quick change shift (PM shift followed by a AM shift!) I'm thinking all these blocks together will look sensational! Well done on another nicely finished triange block!!

    ReplyDelete