Thursday 4 October 2012

Let it Snow!

Pin It Now! Good Morning from the frosty land of Canada! It has been nice and chilly here the last 2 days, yesterday we had flurries off and on, can you believe that?!?! October 3rd!! Just crazy, at one point we could not even see the stores across the street from us it was such a white out! Don't worry though, no snow stayed on the ground, at least where we are. This morning everything is covered in frost as well. Right now our temperature is -5 with a feels like of -9 (celcius), perfect weather to bake some goodies, get ready for Thanksgiving this weekend and get some sewing done don't you think?

Japanese Flower Garden
Some progress going on here with my Japanese Flower Garden! I was able to stitch three more flowers to each other on Tuesday so my garden has now grown to 6!! 




Rubies, Diamonds
Slowly working away on Rubies, I have one hexie flower appliquéd on and one Dresden with all the points pressed and ready to be stitched. 
So my to do for this now is:
*piece one more hexie flower for 5/5 done
*press the three remaining hexie flowers
* press the points/seam allowance on the remailing three Dresden plates

 * Appliqué the remaining 6 pieces to the quilt top




 The fingers on my right hand are quite sore now. I was hoping to appliqué more on tonight but maybe I will do some machine work instead!




My Winterkist fabric came in from the Fat Quarter Shop the other day as well as my sewing mantra fabric!  Love both of these and can't wait to play with them!




Hoping to have some fun new stuff to show you in a couple days.

Happy Stitching!
Kallie

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful quilt! And I love your fabric purchase, so fun and bright colours.
    VickyK

    ReplyDelete