Saturday 10 November 2012

Cathedral Finish and Modern Tablerunners

Pin It Now! Well hello!
Sorry it has been a bit since the last post, I have been a bit busy at work and we are packing to move to our new rental house at the end of next week. My husband and I are super excited as there is even a fireplace in the townhouse and tons of natural light in the dining area where my sewing will be!!! Hopefully this will help with being able to take some better pictures.

Modern Christmas Table Runner
I have been joining a couple of swaps through flickr which have been super fun! I am working on my Modern Christmas Table Runner over the last couple days and am falling in love with it. I am hoping to maybe make a pattern out of it so stay tuned! Here is a sneak peak of the table runner so far:



I am planning on some hand stitching around each section, need to finish the borders and I might do something in the middle of the star blocks so they do not look so empty. Maybe some candy canes?

This has been super fun to make and I can't wait to see my finished product.

Cathedral Windows Quilt Along
I have also finished my Cathedral Windows Quilt Along top. This project was so fun and easy! The tutorials are all very well explained and create such neat blocks. You should check out the flickr group here: http://www.flickr.com/groups/cathedral-window-sampler/  and see all the great colour options people have done.
Not sure if I showed you my final 2 blocks but here they are:




And here is the completed "top" I resized my blocks down to 9" finished, so the top is 31" square. Its going to make a super cute wall hanging.


I am off to go back to packing now before work. So I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday and can get lots of stitching done today!

Kallie

2 comments:

  1. congrats on finding a new place to call home.
    I have followed the cathedral window quilt along. Some really neat ways to make them. Love all your blocks so far.
    thanks for stopping by my blog. good luck in the giveaway. I thought I would check out your blog and see what you like to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a fellow Canadian, I just had to do it:
    You've been tagged! A fun little blogging game to help share and get to know each other. Check out the rules on my blog here: http://passionquilting.blogspot.ca/2012/11/tag-youre-it-fun-little-blogging-game.html

    ReplyDelete